Sunday, July 27, 2014

87 Miles to Ocean City, NJ

 We were starving when we got to Ocean City. Our first meal was at Hula Grill. Two delicious crab cakes and a salad.
 In the late afternoon, seagulls sit on the sands below expecting food. Hmmm, I wonder how seagulls taste.
 This woman and her son are making a trench that's filled with water.
Green flags indicate "Swim between the green flags."

I decided not to take too many photos.

Be in the moment.

 Bought an adorable straw hat and a pair of earrings.
 We stayed at our fave place - Watson's Regency - but only for one nite. Then had to switch over to the Forum Motel, where we couldn't find a parking space so paid $15 to park in an all-day parking lot.

Then a space freed itself up at the Forum.


 At Watson's, which has an indoor swimming pool, we snacked on fresh roasted peanuts. I brought up so much sand from the beach, I called corporate and asked them to send up someone to vacuum it up.


Fresh scallops on the left were the best I've ever had.

Got em at

Went to the Wonderland Amusement Park and went on a monorail ride around the park.

Very fun.


Thought of a new Ferris Wheel ride. Insteada sitting inside an enclosed cage, how about sitting on a horse, heavily strapped in, but you'd get more or a thrill.

It'd never pass code.

 Are these alive? Do they intermarry?
 Scott and I went on the longest walk we've ever taken last nite. My legs were killing me, but I trudged on.
 This is a fairly new bridge. We were hiking up it to view a parade of boats that we never did see.

Leader and only participant in the boat parade on right.

 Scott stands on a truncheon overlooking the bay. Ultra-thick plastic protects the onlooker.
 Original bulwarks for the bridge, built in 1933, after "the war." Guess they thought the First World War would be the last one.

On TCM, which we watched before bed, they were celebrating a WWI anniversary with a lot of great films including Waterloo Bridge with Robert Taylor, in his thin mustache, and the young and sensitive Vivien Leigh.




Berkshire Hathaway will sell you this parcel of  land.  Hmm, what shall we built there?

 Compounding the length of the walk, we traveled another mile to Mosaic Restaurant.

In photo, I pretend the shrimp curry dish is not drilling a hole through my head.

Oh, Ruthie, is it really that bad? Heaven's no, but that's b/c it's another day. 
I
Cradling a cup of George's homemade butter brickle ice cream with hot choc on top. The brickle was good but a bit too tame. It should've shouted out with flavor.
Loved the proportions of this Schwinn bike.

 This could be a laptop, but in fact, we're watching coming attrx at the Moorlyn movie theatre on the b'walk.
I meditated during the 30-minute coming atrax for the feature


Dawn of the Planet of the Apes was overly long.  Scott slept thru much of it, while I stayed awake.

 Dig this very strange looking phone in the Forum Motel. Postcard of Forum on bedside table.
 Neat old-fashioned house. I like those pillars.
Scott stacks up on books at the shore. He bought Philip Margolin, Jack Higgins and Tony Hillerman.

  Every spare moment, I read this book. In every chapter there's a new plot twist. What's the deal with Jon Dupre?

aaeiefdj

So it's not enough that we get home from the shore, right? Well, at 3 pm, we've got the musical The Music Man to see at the Town n Country Players in Bucks County.

I drive there at a fast clip. In my seat, I fight sleep, as my Uncle Marvin used to say.

The musical was outstanding - super-talented individuals.

I'm sleeping maybe five minutes when suddenly my head bobs up -

SEVENTY-SIX TROMBONES. Gorgeous. Simply gorgeous.

Okay, back to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment