Saturday, August 9, 2014

Asplundh, are you people idiots? Tomatoes from REMS Auto - Netflix: Does it complete my life?

The first time Asplundh came out was July 15, 2014. Their job? Trim the trees and vines that overload the phone and cable wires high in the air. They're hired by PECO and the service is free.

They goofed and broke an eave on the back of my house. Their insurance will pay for it.

Read original post here.,

But they left the job undone. I called and left them several messages. Apparently, they need hearing aids.

Here are two photos of my backyard shed.

They left branches on the ground, which I want them to remove. I'm four-foot eleven, have a crippled arm from falling, and it's their job to finish the work.

They also left all this debris on the top of my shed.

Does that look professional to you? Here's their website with its very impressive history.

Do you think I'm impressed?

So, I'm not home when one Jim Mettler comes out.

He leaves a note reading PECO does not remove storm debris caused by a storm.

Jimmy! The mess was not caused by storm debris, but by your own company!

I dial the 800 number he leaves.

As I talk I get madder and madder. This is the second time Asplundh has come out when I'm not here. The first time they were here they said, "We do not remove vines from wires."

That's not what I was asking them to do.

I'm talking to the voicemail, telling them who I am and where I live, and I end the call by yelling into the phone,

"Am I making myself clear?"

*

My car has been losing air in the left rear tire.

I went to REMS Automotive about that back in May.  

Twice.

Scott noticed the air was low again, so I stopped by yesterday. and they pumped it up.

They have a garden which looked like this in May



As gardens do, it took off. I slithered between the cars and saw all the tomatoes still on the vines and a huge white cucumber.

"Help yourself," yelled Henry, the 80-some owner.

 Prickly cucumber with a blah but juicy taste.
 I made two grilled cheese sandwiches w/o the bread.

At the Giant, I thought of stealing two basil leaves but ended up buying the entire basil plant. We grow basil but like the rabbits, squirrels and deer, I can't figure out how to get in.

Oh, god, this is making me so hungry, I've gotta what, gotta what.... eat peanuts.

*

Watched a laff-aloud comedy act by Lewis Black on Netflix.


Born in 1948, like my sister Donna, he's going on Medicare this year. His monolog about it was hilarious. If I weren't 68 and am losing my memory as rapidly as I am depleting the peanut jar, I would tell you a couple of jokes about it.

His parents, who are in their nineties, were in the audience. He was playing at the Borghatta in Atlantic City and had the audience in stitches.

Then I watched a Korean-Irish dude name of Steve Byrne, equally hilarious. Check these guys out on YouTube.







My friend Freda, no relation to My Friend Flicka
My friend flicka 1957.JPG Flicka's the horse

Freda was so happy with me for editing her memoir, she presented me with these fantastic mixed number with no fucking salt!!!


I have exactly one handful left.

I go on Amazon to buy one jar for me and one for my mom.

I can't figger out how to get two of em sent out, so I phone in.

You better have your track shoes on when that phone rings, cuz they're right there.

Henry - from friggin Costa Rico - helps me place the order.

Question: Will I need to check into a Rehab until my nuts arrive? Already, I'm trembling with desire.



No comments:

Post a Comment