Friday, October 17, 2014

Grand opening of the Willow Grove Wawa - Free Coffee

I wish I were still a reporter for Patch.com or the Intelligencer so I could write about the Wawa complex of

restaurants 
The Grub Burger Bar is an upscale restaurant with plenty of noise and booze. I went in the other day seeking a cuppa coffee, but they only had tea. Blaire the hostess was very sweet.

Nice decor with high ceilings. Not to be a spoiler, but PBS' Frontline had a program on the link between supermarket meat and UTIs. 
Zoe's Kitchen is another restaurant in the complex, right next to Grub. Salads and Mediterranean-style food is served here.

Working hard two days ago to open the new gas station, which I visited this evening. I had just filled up my car at rival Willow Grove Giant gas station three minutes away on York Road. Got 50 cents off a gallon.

Prices at the Wawa pump. Wish I could read them!

Not very crowded at 8:30 pm.

Picnic tables at the Willow Grove Wawa. What a nice feature. I parked my car across the street over by Avis rentals, avoiding the fray.

 The Willow Grove Wawa was large, bright and airy. They had healthy snax to the left when you entered - all sorts of nuts (my fave). My friend Ada asked me, Why do people go to the Wawa?

They have quick breakfasts and lunches there. The food is excellent. And the coffee is superb. Many flavors.

I mixed Decaf with Hazelnut Coffee. Excellent. Here's my nut snack which I just finished.

As I exited, I heard my name called.

Was happy to see Martha Hunter from the Writers' Group and her husband Dave. He drank coffee, while Marf had hot chocolate. (I can't drink it cuz of my diabetes.) I do, excel, however, in taking tiny sips of The Forbidden.

Altho I could not wait to get home and test out my coffee - it was lukewarm when I got home - I drove directly to the Willow Grove Barnes & Noble.

In the kitchen I'm listening to the audio book The Giver by Lois Lowry. Wouldn't you know it, but with about 15 minutes left to go, the disk stopped working.

So off I went to the bookstore and finished it up in the Children's Room.

I got goose bumps as I neared the end. AND, when it ended, I turned the page, thinking there'd be more, but it was finished, fini, over, there was no more.

I felt cheated! But then I learned The Giver - 1994 winner of the Newbery Prize - was the first in a quartet.

Around here, we all take the Wawa for granted, not even wondering what the name means.

From Wiki - When Edward Worth built an estate here [in Chester Springs, PA], he named it "Wawa",[4] the Ojibwe word for "wild goose",[a] because of the flocks of geese attracted to the still water behind Lenni milldam.

Was gonna work on a new short story. Got the idea when I dropped off some items at Impact Thrift in Hatboro. Instead, I'm gonna make myself sick by watching Frontline about the tainted meat.

Let's hear it for meat!

  Okay, setttle down, now, settle down. Stop clapping and cheering.

No comments:

Post a Comment