Friday, May 22, 2015

Finished new short story but am afraid to read it! - What should I eat?

These are the Hall Brothers - cough cought - who live on a nearby street. I accidentally called it Limekiln Pike but it's more like Limestone Road.

I was desperate to find someone to trim the shrubs in the back yard. I'd driven all over the neighborhood looking for Mailman Ken and discovered his truck on Division Avenue.

But where was Ken?

Two kids were mowing a lawn across the street.

Holy cow! Sure enough, they were for sale. I gave em my name and phone number and they actually called me.

Today when I ran after Mailman Ken, he said to me "I have a new title for your short story."

Yeah, I said, watching him chewing gum.

"Stalking Mailman Ken."

Not very nice, of course, but I know I brighten up his day. I put him in my newest short story "The Last Lawn Party" which I finished before I went to Scott's for our nap.

We watched a lousy movie called A Little Romance with Sir Laurence Olivier playing a pickpocket. I've gotta read how it ends. Sally Kellerman played a very nasty American. The story was set in Paris and Italy.

It received rave reviews. 

Emailed Alan Kerr, editorial page editor of The Intell, asking if I could write a Letter to the Editor about "May is Older American's Month," per an online email I got from Sen Stewart Greenleaf, and Fran Hazam of MHASP. 

Alan said he'd be out of the office next week but would make sure his replacement received it, so I quick-wrote it as I wanted Alan to get it.

Didn't take long to write and I read it to Freda Samuels, whose name I used in the piece.

When I bounced downstairs in my pink diabetic socks, shorts and tank top, I said to myself, I'm so happy. Why am I happy?

B/c I was writing!

I also believe GARLIC makes me happy. Minced garlic I add to my morning eggs.

Image result for garlicThe goal was to leave home at 2:15 for the Free Friday Movie at the Huntingdon Valley Library.

Image result for the imitation game  
The Imitation Game with Benedict Cumberbatch who played Paul Turing, one of the inventors of the Enigma, the code that cracked the Nazis messages and allegedly lessened WW Two by two years. 

Now that was a fine movie. I had drunk a lot of coffee while writing my short story.... you know that huge $5 Starbucks bottle I showed you earlier.

I'd adulterated with lots of water and ice, but drank and drank.... I like to drink while writing.... and listened to Brahms and Fleetwood Mac (too much talking) and during the last five minutes of the film, I was nodding off.

Ruthie! If you don't keep your eyes open, you won't know how it ends.

In the nice weather, I like to sit on my red couch in the living room with the door open. And listen to WXPN.

Image result for wxpn mijune Morning host Mikaela Mijoun - sp? -  is leaving. She'll go back to the West Coast. Are they firing her or is it her choice?

Regina Lasko and Harry Joseph Letterman on the ‘Late Show.’

Last nite, Charlie Rose did a wrap-up of David Letterman's THIRTY-THREE YEARS on television. Here's his wife Regina - is that correct - and his famous son Harry, who my sister Donna told me about.

Any ideas what I should eat?

Popcorn... I can't control myself.

An egg with garlic?

Hmmm, I might overdose with happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment