Friday, May 8, 2015

My New Email Addresses

I was really fed-up with Comcast. Whenever I sent an email it took SEVEN SECONDS from the time I clicked "Send" until the email began its ride through cyberspace to the recipient.

GO  GO  GO

Image result for american pharoah kentucky derby

So I got a "package deal" from Verizon, which included my two phone numbers - 215-659-2142 for my home phone and 215-659-2366 for New Directions - plus my new Verizon email RuthDeming at verizon.net, which I am not using.

Last nite I went to my son Dan's. The kids were asleep.



We sat down at his dining room table, with my laptop, and he gave me new email addresses.

Here's what my laptop screen looks like this morning.


Ruth at NewDirectionsSupport.org - is for all New Directions business.

RuthZDeming at gmail.com - personal stuff.

RuthDeming at Comcast.net - I'll keep this email address for a couple of months as I have some important emails I'm expecting.

Just phoned Comcast - no one's there yet - to see if there's a way all my Comcast emails can be forwarded to my new account - Dan couldn't find this option online.

Okay, back to bed. Thank goodness I have nothing on my agenda today as I've gotta submit a lot of short stories and also write a new one called "Uncle Ken" named after Mailman Ken.

  Ken and I have the strangest conversations. I was running after him down the street as I had something important to mail. A $20 contribution to ND.

I got the crazy notion to call him Uncle Ken!

As if he were Chekhov's Uncle Vanya

Image result for uncle vanya

Don't worry I said to Ken. It won't be about you.

In fact, I had no idea what to write about. Until yesterday, when I spoke to a friend of mine who is having ECT at Abington hospital.

Today is her 10th and last treatment. She's doing great, except for to-be-expected memory problems.

Goodbye for now

- Ruth from NewDirectionsSupport.org 

- RuthZDeming at Gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment