Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Two Ridiculosities - No More Pizza - Bird News

So, I'm talking to Mom while I'm on my exercise bike.

Told her that Scott made his very last pizza last nite.

He didn't have any, but I had my usual two delicious slices.
He's giving it up b/c of his bulging disc. Some guy on PBS says to give up grains.

Instead he'll eat baked potatoes and sweet potatoes. For breakfast, he'll continue his yogurt and fruit.

He's right to try this idea, but must give up his morning oatmeal, which he really loves.

Me, as a person with diabetes, gave it up long ago.

I'm sweating away on the bike - Mom comments, You like to sweat? So go sweat! - I took a quick shower when I get off and remembered what she said.

Ruth, did I give you a percolator? It's made by a company with a "C"

Corning Ware, I say.

Well, guess what! Mom, who is downsizing her house, wants it back.

Mom, I say, it's a perfect opportunity to get rid of more stuff in the house! 

She has two more percolators, both with cords, so you can actually brew the coffee, and wants me to give her mine.

Mom, I said, that's absolutely ridiculous. I told her I won't do it.

She insists, of course. She always gets her way, so my sister Ellen will come over and pick it up.

Mom still thinks people will use this old-fashioned way of making coffee. 

*

Many of my great short stories and poems have been rejected, so I expected that Wordgathering would reject "Good Bye, Ole Man."

They liked it, but they wanted me TO CHANGE THE NAME!

I wrote back asking why they want me to change the name.

Not only will I not, but I don't want them publishing it at all.

*

Hard to see, but the bird atop the bird house is building his nest inside.

Two Facebook friends - and this is where FB comes in handy - said he is a Wren and may have several litters through the year.

Shall we tiptoe onto the Internet and look up House Wren?  

My guy is skinnier but I'm awaiting official word from Bob Cunningham.


This cowbird drove off two feuding cowbirds.

Tis the time of year to compete for your mate.

*

My neighbor Luke brought over the Intelligencer with a Letter to the Editor from me.

Are you in your Boy Scout Uniform, I asked the octogenarian.

Ran it down to Mark at Bux-Mont

Very intent, serious, competent man.

I was there earlier today at the PO mailing more copies of the Compass to Marcy and my Chronic Renal Form to Harrisburg, when I attempted to pull out of my on-street parked car.

I could not budge it. I'd parked onto the sidewalk.

Went to see Mark, who pulled it free.

That's actually a Third Ridiculosity.

Mark offered to enlarge the article.

Good idea, Mark, says I. Paid him $8 cash for 75 copies.

The article is really hidden, so I dunno if it'll attract anyone who needs us.

No comments:

Post a Comment