Wednesday, June 24, 2015

The Light in the Kitchen is online

About a year ago, I wrote a short story about a young Marine veteran who came home from The Afghan
and healed himself while living in The Great Outdoors.

Read it here.

In fact, my friend Carolyn Constable just called and I thanked her for being my main reader of the story. She lives in Chalfont, PA.

She and I met at the River Poets Group at the Lambertville, NJ, library.

She now runs a writers' group at Peace Valley Nature Center twice a month.

While we were talking, I walked up n down my street in the dark of the night.

The three-quarters moon was high overhead as I plodded along in my clogs, tho now I'm barefoot.

I posted a pic on FB for Jonatha Johnson, telling her that in the hot weather I sleep downstairs in the lower level, using a quilt she gave me years ago.

Am reading five good books now, a terrible habit, I know. Am waiting for one or more of em to disqualify themselves. They are less than excellent - save for one - but I'll stick with them.



Image result for jf powers look how the fish live

For Father's Day I got my son Dan an OED. All day I waited for the phone call to invite me over. When it didn't come, Scott and I went for a walk in The Pennypack. I was pissed!!!



Image result for oxford english dictionary   And now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going upstairs and working on my Inmate story.

No comments:

Post a Comment